You are here
Gower Investment Management Services is given the discretion to select a range of risk-rated funds to make up the investor’s portfolio, typically consisting of up to 12 different funds. These are all managed by third-party specialist investment managers which avoids conflicts of interest and ensures that selection is based solely on merit. Most are well-known asset management houses but we may also select niche managers to match the theme of the portfolio or a particular trend in the market.
All funds are rigorously screened before they get on to the Old Mutual platform which we chose for its fast, efficient dealing and custody services. From a range of several thousand funds we then apply our own selection criteria followed by meetings with the managers, either visiting their offices in the UK or seeing them when they come to Guernsey. The holdings are fully disclosed on our monthly factsheets along with performance updates against the relevant Investment Association sector average. As well as producing written Quarterly reports we are always on hand to meet with clients to discuss their portfolios, expectations and any change in circumstance.
We look forward to being of service.
- Access to highly qualified, locally-based portfolio managers
- Investment decisions made in Guernsey and not imposed by a distant committee overseas
- We only manage Sterling mandates so can concentrate our efforts without distraction
- We have a proven, long-term track record for investing in varying economic cycles across different risk profiles
- Should market conditions justify immediate action we can quickly convene and implement decisions in a nimble manner
Access to a large universe of quality funds
- Best of breed approach to the selection of funds within each peer group